Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 01:24 PM   #54
bjordan319
Prompter Thread or bust

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE **

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
I'm as anti-Trump as they come, but I do believe in looking at some things in a positive light whenever possible. I've found a few things that are positive.

Some general things:

1. One thing I find interesting, is that he said he wouldn't rip up the Iran deal. That's a massive change from where we were months ago.

2. His "repealing Obamacare" has changed, as well.

3. His Muslim ban may be out, too.
Giuliani: "Actually within a day or two he called me and asked me to put a little group together … we wrote paper for him and he amended the ban would be restricted to particular countries and it wouldn’t be a ban, it would involve an extreme vetting,” he said."

Next, on the 60 Minutes Interview last night.

1. When asked about supporters giving trouble to minorities, I liked that he actually spoke out against it instead of talking about their "passion".
Trump: "I am so saddened to hear that. And I say, 'Stop it.' If it -- if it helps, I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: 'Stop it.'"

2. I feel a little better about marriage equality, if what he said sticks. He said it's settled law, which is a good approach.
Trump: "It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done."
(now, this part is a little odd because he said he wanted to send abortion back to the states, which stems from Roe V Wade, which is also settled law by the Supreme Court.

3. He isn't going to appoint a special prosecutor to jail Hillary Clinton, called the Clintons "good people".
Trump: "I don’t want to hurt them, I don’t want to hurt them. They’re, they’re good people. I don’t want to hurt them."

4. Part of the border wall is now a fence.
Trump (when asked if some areas he would build a fence): "For certain areas I would, but certain areas, a wall is more appropriate," he said. "I'm very good at this, it's called construction."

I still am not a fan of Trump, and am still concerned for a lot of minority groups in this country, but I'm trying to be hopeful. We have 4 years of this and all we can do is hope that he will continue to evolve more like he has been lately.
Excellent post

I'm really not sure where he's going here (complete flip-flop on most of the issues that got him elected or just becoming a bit moderate and realistic), but things are going in the general right direction it seems.
bjordan319 is offline   Reply With Quote