Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Irvine 2009 Tour Thread***
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #86
whodat
CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Irvine 2009 Tour Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
I had to isolate this part. Is this true?
Adam, sadly it is all true about that post and Irvine. I have witnessed first hand more then once Irvine PD tearing a car apart, pouring alcohol out or writing someone a ticket in the lots.

Say what you want, but they are doing their job. The key is to not give them any reason to stop in your area. They patrol on bikes, cars, motorcycles, so just keep your eyes open and all should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudestMonkE41 View Post
I heard that that if the Irvine cops find any homeless in Irvine, they round them up and drop 'em off in Santa Ana. I'm sure that's an urban legend, but when you're in Irvine you kinda get that conspiracy in the back of your head.
I work in Irvine, btw... Anybody else work or live in Irvine?

Anyways, I've starting reading this thread today because I just realized the show is a month away and wanted to see what people were saying about the upcoming show.
Maybe I'm paranoid, and I hope I am but I am worried that the band won't see this date as a "special" date on their calendar. I missed out on getting tix for the Greek, which I'm sure will be super sweet shows, and that makes me nervous about getting a great show in Irvine. I don't know if that makes sense, but I guess I kinda figure the odds of them playing us a special show and playing some special shows in L.A. are slim. I don't know, maybe I've got a "they gotta play a special place to play a special show" problem in my head because this year in particular they HAVE played some special shows in "regular" venues. Does anybody else have this concern about seeing them in Irvine?
On the plus side, I love the Big Whiskey songs they are playing now, and I love the shows that I've downloaded from this tour, so maybe I'm frettin for no reason.

If y'all see a dude in a #41 Beauford Anaheim Ducks jersey, gimme a "whats up!"
I work in Irvine, up by John Wayne Airport. If I see you at the show, since you are a Ducks fan, I will not say 'What's Up!'. GO KINGS!!!

Don't sweat this show either. The last time the band did an LA-Chula-Irvine run was in 2002. The Irvine show ended up being unique, if that is the right word. (Actually all three CA shows from that run were unique.) Not saying that we will get a similar type show this time around. But one can hope.

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=12&where=2002