Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Before These Crowded Streets Vinyl
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 12:07 PM   #83
rick8285
Go Cubs Go!

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Before These Crowded Streets Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo36 View Post
I would almost think that the 20th anniversary release was lost in the shuffle of getting the 2018 album out. Especially if they were distancing themselves from Boyd and the fiddle sound evoking him, BTCS getting the backburner would make sense. Remember the casual listener is the target for physical media reissues. They could have felt their album of newer recently de-Boyded material would have been overshadowed by a reissued BTCS, almost universally acclaimed to be the apex of their work, resulting in fewer sales.
This is an excellent point that never crossed my mind!

Hopefully it was simply delayed rather than shelved. I know it's been rumored that the Batson Session leak may have also contributed.

But in the face of the pandemic and people at home spending more on physical media than they have in a long time, AND DMB trying to make up for lost revenue due to a cancelled tour -> I would think now is the best possible time to move this forward to reality.
rick8285 is offline   Reply With Quote