Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 92: The Come Tomorrow Review - Episode Discussion
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:46 AM   #18
Matt

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 91: It's That Time Again and Again - Episode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
Matt acknowledging the nerds who get all whiney at negative opinions is the highlight so far
I was going to mention it in the pod yesterday (had a LOT of notes that went unmentioned), but the kind of fan that sees the band as infallible really is unhealthy. The way I see it, is: there are people out there who live and breath this band's music. Post a lyric on Facebook every single day. They're seeing Dave in the clouds, in their cereal. They get receipt #41 from Taco Bell and are serious when they snap a picture of it and quote "Coincidence?!?"

Now, take that fan, and then present them with the possibility that the band they love just laid an egg. Came out with a truly bad song. A bad album. Played a bad show. All of that is entirely possible, as we're all human. But nope, not to these fans. If they had to admit to themselves that this band that they put so much stock into has suddenly done something poorly, everything they build their day to day interactions on is now called into question. What does it mean, if the thing you hang your hat on, all of a sudden sucks? The glasses you view the world through start to crack. And you won't allow that to happen. So you shout down anyone who has an opposing opinion that isn't "LoVE" or whatever the hell that is. It's truly unhealthy. And there are certain elements of the band that feed off of those people.

PS: AND YES! True to form, I have a Twitter hater who stepped right up JUST as I was writing this post:

Quote:
@DMB4TheRockHall
Listening to the @antsmarching podcast for the first time. The one host, Matt is the worst thing I’ve heard since the Everyday album. #DMB #ComeTomorrow #DMB18
Thank you, Mr. DMB4TheRockHall, for proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
You are spot on about Jeff. His role regresses by the year.
Have you seen this man??
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote