Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dave Matthews Band officially cuts ties with Boyd
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 05:57 AM   #23
grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave Matthews Band officially cuts ties with Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Nelson View Post
It is literally sexual assault. People stop acting like there were no laws broken. He assaulted dude by touching in his sleep. He demanded sexual favors as a superior.

This all makes me so sad. We have the day LeRoi passed. And we have yesterday. Damn

I'm glad the band released a statement and took a definitive step. I feel for the victims, and I also feel for Boyd. His sex addiction brought his whole world down.

"Soon we will all find ourselves swept away..."
Apologies you're right at the letter of the definition, but it is not rape being a very specific type of sexual assault and the most egregious variant.

But we also can't act like these allegations are undoubtedly true. There is the evidence of lurid and creepy behavior based on the texts, but the claims made are just that at this point. We don't actually know if any laws were broken at this time, just accusations made against Boyd claiming assault.

It is sad either way (meaning whether it is true or whether they are proven false). Nothing good comes of this. Even those tangentially "involved" will suffer...again regardless of how everything plays out.