Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 84: DMB Live 25 (28?) - Episode Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 06:27 AM   #30
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 84: DMB Live 25 (28?) - Episode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
the thing, joe is absolutely wrong in his opinion that releasing other formats of the music would limit the value of the vinyl (joe is a really good guy so I don't mean any personal disrespect when I say this)

the value/future resale price of the vinyl sets has precisely zero-point-zero to do with the music that's on the vinyl. it only has to do with the fact that it says Dave Matthews Band on it and there are only 2500 of them.

see: every pearl jam vinyl release. all are released in every format you could think of; all have high resale prices because the vinyl itself is limited.
100%

It also has to do with how big the vinyl bubble has swollen to over the past few years.

I am glad the price point seems to be keeping flippers away. I'm glad those who really want it have had ample time to get it. There should be no complaining if/when it sells out and your only option is ebay or discogs and above face

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote