Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Xbone has actual games. Ps4 just kinda wobbles
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
thestand
Best Ever

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Possible new Microsoft console in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
This is dumb. These console cycles need to be longer between systems. I don't wanna have to start buying shit again. Good thing the world ends in December of 2012 amirite?
This is by far the longest life-cycle of any generation. None others are even close. The length of life the 360/PS3 have gotten are otherwise unprecedented. If they had followed the models of past cycles, we'd have a new console right now, or at least by this fall, and the PS4 by next fall.

The point is: the hardware is just old. I can't make that point strongly enough. It's just a relatively ancient structure. Put it this way: my iPhone has as much RAM as these units. Developers are absolutely begging for the new consoles to have at least, no less, than 8GB of RAM (which is the amount you'd find in your average-to-low-end gaming PC). The current generation has 512MB. It's just not a competitive experience, and both consoles are losing a lot of people to PC.
Will in time both outpace and outlive you, Hail Satan!
thestand is offline   Reply With Quote