Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Official 24 Discussion (Greatest Show Ever)
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 08:13 AM   #121
malonestar
mises.org

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
I can't get over how good the acting and writing complement eachother. Just from his performance in episode 1 alone Sutherland should win best actor.
Agreed.

Quote:
Seeds were planted for the season, and they're all exciting seeds. I'm really interested in how this is all going to play out. I just hope they tie it into the first two seasons. I think they will.
No question about it. I'd never even doubt it in my mind. What was up with the season finale last year?

"There isn't going to be any war, Max. The President found out about the Cyprus Recording."

"Well.....we're going to have to do this another way."

"What?"

"You'll find out...it will start today."

[Enter Mandy]

So Mandy gave Palmer a pretty bad bug, but he pretty much recovered. We can't assume that anything is over though, because of what Max said, "We're going to have to do this another way...it will start today."

Their original objective wasn't just to kill Palmer, which they didn't succeed at anyway. You have to ask yourself if death was even their objective in the first place. "It will 'start' today." They got Palmer, but it was just the start. Foreshadowing of some biohazard/virus.

Another thing I just realized:

Exactly WHAT was the objective of starting the war in Season 2????? It was hinted that Kingsley wanted the war to start so the value of his oil holdings would triple. Good reason, but Kingsley was obviously just another pawn being used from an order higher than him. So what was their reason for wanting the war? I think it's safe to assume that their objective is still being sought after in this season.

Last edited by malonestar; 10-29-2003 at 08:15 AM.
malonestar is offline   Reply With Quote