Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 07:50 AM   #372
snake911

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
Honest question, who were the people that hated BTCS when it was released?

My wife and I listened to it front to back endlessly and loved it from the first spin.

On a related note, I watched part of the Crush video for the 1st time a couple days ago. We had stopped watching MTV for a few years already, so I haven't seen many videos that were released after the early to mid '90s.
My friend who introduced me to DMB is one. He was a super fan before BTCS, would play it for me all the time. I was a very casual fan at the time. BTCS came out and I liked the sound quite a bit, and he was incensed. Too dark, too depressing, "they changed", etc... Took roughly a decade and the album grew on him a little bit, but he hands down hated the change in sound when BTCS was released. I remember there being others like him, just really upset by the new direction the band had taken. I know he had friends that would see multiple shows a year that stopped going when BTCS was released and they never came back.
snake911 is offline   Reply With Quote