Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Texas Two-step 2023 ***
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 09:07 PM   #118
25Years

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Texas Two-step 2023 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
The Warehouse request period has already come and gone, so no point in joining now. You'd just be paying for a shot at Instants or their utterly god awful excuse for a ticket forum. No guarantee you get anything.
You can try Ticketmaster. There will be a Citi presale if you have a Citi card. It's been mostly trash the last several years but worth a shot. Then the public sale. It won't be IMPOSSIBLE to get lowers, but Ticketmaster realllllly fucking sucks these days. Most of the good tickets go straight to Platinum/Resale (more on this later).
If you stalk the ticket forum here, you'll probably be able to score lowers closer to the show, but since you're coming from out of state, you might not want to cut it that close. And judging by your join date and post count, I'm guessing you don't spend a lot of time on the message boards, so that's probably not your best option either.

If money is no option and you want to be able to pick your seats, there's Platinum and TM Resale. Expect to pay well over $1k for a pair if you go this route.
Thank you for the detailed reply... so I guess that's a Hard Maybe with Conditions then.
What is Platinum? Is that a club or what, very unfamiliar with what constitutes ticket purchasing these days. I'm old -- I went to big shows when the Police were touring for Synchronicity and Yes was supporting their 90125 album. You went to brick & mortar record stores and bought tickets, easy peasy done.
I do and have done smaller venues in the last few years but there isn't a mad rush for those sorts of tickets - Psychedelic Furs, Robyn Hitchcock, etc.

Any pointers are more than welcomed, thanks again.
25Years is offline   Reply With Quote