Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2023/2024 Tour Rumors Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 11:56 AM   #125
jjlak15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Summer 2023 Tour Rumors Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
No, no, and no. They need to stick to the LN sheds and the select summer tour arena stops. Great ballparks horrible places for the majority of fans to actually hear the music. While they would have demand it would be utterly stupid to play those venues.

I have been to all 3 for baseball games and Fenway is my favorite ballpark to visit to see the Yankees I go yearly. But unless you have pit tickets at these ballparks you are disconnected from the stage.
I would argue no one cares about being disconnected from the stage than a small small percentage. If they played Wrigley on a Saturday night in June/July /August this summer I bet it would be their highest attended show in the last 10 years. If the Lumineers and ZBB can play Wrigley, so can DMB.

Fan base is aging and want convenience. Wrigley is a hell a lot easier getting to and from than Northerly Island. There are bars/restaurants and ubers readily available around the park. Its a no brainer for them to play 1 night at Wrigley over 2 at NI again, but thats just me.
jjlak15 is offline   Reply With Quote