Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #20090
TimHonks

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
I mentioned a page or two ago that I'm giving my wife's cousin one of my old turntable to for his birthday/high school graduation. I'm gonna go to the record store this weekend to grab a few albums for him as well. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out some classic albums (that won't cost too much) to get him.

I know he likes Ed Sheeran and Avett Brothers a lot. I was thinking maybe some Elton John, James Taylor, Billy Joel, etc. stuff.
I recently got a my first record player and just started a collection. Van Morrison - Moondance and Fleetwood Mac - Rumours are must own classic albums for me. Both sound great and people always want to hear them. Steely Dan - Aja gets a lot of play from me as well. I got a used version that sounds great.

Abbey Road, DSOTM, IV, Eat a Peach, and Legend were some of my other starter records that I considered classic albums.

I recently got Dire Straits - Communique because of this thread and it's become one of my favorites to put on. Starts off sounding so good.

Can't go wrong with Elton John, JT, BJ, etc.
TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote