Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 93: Return to Club Wasted - Episode Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #5
monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 93: Return to Club Wasted - Episode Discussion

At this point this band isn't going to have much more song variety nor be a phish or dead and co and play out the catalog. However to me 2018 seems to have better overall sets than 2016. I am glad the AFTW songs are out because they don't translate well (outside of broken things which doesn't get played).

Carter will be 61 in november and the entire band in general is getting older so i don't think it's realistic to hope for more songs to be played at this point. The fact we are getting Bowas and You Never Knows and a rando captain that makes this a step up form 16'.

The thing that is more important to a setlist critic like i can be is the fact that we are getting more variety in some of the jams (saw the new so damn lucky outro from mansfield). The band is more inspired this year than they were the last full band tour in 2016. The reality is most people who go to 5 plus shows probally should reduce their yearly touring down to maybe 2 shows.
monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote