Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dave Matthews is not Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #118
41 Step

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave Matthews is not Bob Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvefurther41 View Post
I felt as though it had to be responded to. from a historical stand point, Dylan brought about a social, cultural and musical revolution with his songs in the 60s. Not everyone is a fan, but there's no denying the impact he's had on music, songwriting especially.

And to who ever said Dylan's live watchtower doesn't compare... which version are you talking about, because he's had MANY MANY versions through the years.

Lastly, on this watchtower note, I can't find where I originally saw the quote, but I remember seeing Dylan say "Watchtower is a Hendrix song... I just wrote it."

Dylan is unreal... he and Paul Simon, in my opinion, are the best song writers of all time.
Check out Dylan's live Watchtowers from the fall 2002 tour with Charlie Sexton. A personal favorite of mine is 11.21.02 (Wilkes-Barre, PA). I also like the ones from the fall 2004 tour with Larry Campbell on pedal steel. Eerie as fuck.
41 Step is offline   Reply With Quote