Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Thank you Chester Copperpot...
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 01:28 AM   #123
dmbdf

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Thank you Chester Copperpot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 View Post
I can listen to a Spoon from 2013 and get excited because I COULD hear something like that at one of my shows this year. I can't do that with a 95 jam
This. I think the the band was freaking incredible back then, but since I became a fan in 09, it just saddens me to hear that awesome shit and know I'll never get to hear it. I wish I would've been around back then to experience it. Now I still jam out like crazy to older stuff but for some reason I get just as hype to the new style and line up probably because its the era that I first got into.

Copperpots videos were a way for me to experience those older shows in a way and it saddens me they are gone. But i love all eras of this band and feel they are awesomely unique and not "better" than one another. They all are great and different in their own way.

The bands history and change over time is just as compelling as their music can be. I think its all gravy...
dmbdf is offline   Reply With Quote