Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Rate the Album
Thread: Rate the Album
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 01:07 AM   #320
808DMBFAN

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Rate the Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge1 View Post
Judas Priest released an album this year...Firepower. 18th studio album. If you didn’t know it...you’d think it was released after Screaming for Vengeance in the early 80’s. They say they went back and looked at the music that created them...organically and naturally and built upon that. Perhaps if DMB took such an approach..
Huge JP fan from the 80s. IMO, if a band tries forcing an older style, it just doesn't work. I love seeing progression in a band. SFV wouldn't be the album it was if their other albums sounded similar. Sad Wings, Point of Entry, British Steel, Turbo, they each had a different feel. They lost me when the did ram it down and painkiller. Seemed like they were trying to get back to Screaming but failed. Haven't listened to anything since. If you're not true to your art, I think fans can see this and will lose interest. Maybe I'll give the new album a listen.

As far as AFTW. I never connected with it. I mean I can listen to it and enjoy it. But there's not one song that makes me tear, takes me somewhere, or makes me want to sing out in a quiet room. Belly Full and Sweet come close. CT is full of these songs (for me). The only song I really don't like is CT. It's still early, but I'm already putting this album at #5 (right below the big 3 and BS). CT is so diverse. I'd be happy if they played every song (minus CT) at the Gorge this year.

Last edited by 808DMBFAN; 06-28-2018 at 01:08 AM.
808DMBFAN is offline   Reply With Quote