Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official Drive-By Truckers Thread**
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #122
jayman414
GO PACK GO

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Drive-By Truckers Thread**

Jason still does a lot of his DBT work with the 400 Unit. I have to say I am surprised that no one has come in here to write a review or at least any thoughts on Jason's new album. Since I bought the album on Tuesday it has received non-stop play from me. I think this is by far his best solo effort. Feels like his most complete album and I believe that is saying a lot considering how great Sirens was and how good the self titled album was. Here We Rest as an album doesn't have a weak song, and any song preceived to be weak will grow on you. The first four tracks are his best opening run. Each one is a home run in their own way. Alabama Pines and Go It Alone have hit me hard since I am living overseas and do want to go home, so songs about going home are really sticking with me at the moment as I finish up my last few months over here. The rest of the album is great though. I love Daisy Mae and Never Could Believe, which I believe is a song that will get stuck in your head the first time you listen to it. Completely unlike anything Jason has done before and they all completely nail it.

First album of the year candidate for me. Better than Go-Go Boots in my mind. Muscle Shoals really is seeing a revival of prominent bands and music being made in the area again-although I'm not really sure it ever left.

jayman414 is offline   Reply With Quote