Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official Drive-By Truckers Thread**
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #47
AlexK79
Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Drive-By Truckers Thread**

The show at Otto's in DeKalb was just insane!

I'm still a little sore right now. The setlist wasn't quite as 'perfect' as it was when I saw them at The Vic in April, but seeing them in that tiny club environment was just unbelievable. They started out a little mellower, coming out of the gate with 'Carl Perkins' Cadillac' and 'Heathens' and slowly amped up the intensity.

Several songs in two guys that were jostling for position in front of the stage got into it and started throwing punches. Patterson immediately stopped the show - "HEY MOTHERFUCKERS! GODDAMNIT! Both of you, out of here now!! We got no room for assholes at a Truckers show! Assholes scare all the ladies off, and we like the ladies! Scare them off and then we're just playing to a bunch of assholes!"

The encore was amazing and really long, I can't remember it all but it started with 'Bulldozers and Dirt', the did '18 Wheels of Love' for Chester who's funeral was the day before and I had goosebumps! Women Without Whiskey, Road Cases, Zip City, threw in a badass cover of Van Halen's 'Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love' and closed with a super intense 'Lookout Mountain'.

DBT just consistently blow my mind.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote