Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 01:42 PM   #14681
Cptn. Monkeyman
Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
A couple of weeks before the Raleigh show there was some Phish discussion on the boards and I asked what DMB's "Fluffhead" would be (speaking of when Phish opened with Fluffhead in Hampton in 2009)?

General consensus seemed to be there wasn't really an equivalent--maybe a Busted Stuff or something, but nothing was really going to capture the magnitude of that Fluffhead moment.

In retrospect, getting the third verse of Grey Street was probably as close as we could ever get in that moment. Definitely hadn't considered it at the time. It was something special to see.
I remember this discussion. It was a fun one, and I've actually thought about it a couple times since then.

I think there's a few things that DMB could do live that would make this site implode, here's a few:

Too High live debut
Monkey Man live debut
Blue Water with a full jam

And we're approaching territory of the Last Stop w/ full jam becoming something of legends. If they keep playing the truncated version for a couple more years, bringing back the jam/reprise will be "epic".
Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote