Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Irvine Double Down (TWO FREAKIN' SHOWS)***
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 07:25 PM   #19
Covnut

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Irvine Double Down (TWO FREAKIN' SHOWS)***

Wow. No responses here.

1. There are no hotels in walking distance. Some appear close but it’s in a weird spot and you can’t easily get across some train tracks.

2. Everyone is correct, this is a horrible venue... well sound wise. It’s awkward anything in the grandstands, and the sound goes in waves. It has a nice area to hang behind the seats, big lawn to hang out (not watch) but you can’t still at least hear in case you had to go get beverages or use the restroom.

Parking remains free, but leaving can be a nightmare. At least there is simple and ample parking.

Ride share is terrible, they have a solid area for it, but it seems to take forever to with the amount of people leaving all in one spot. The surge is usually outrageous, but it’s possible.

While I have been many times, and I live fairly close, I still can’t figure out the best method to enjoy this venue.

3. https://amphitheaterirvine.com/ - a onlinecitytickets.com website that poses to be the venue site lists a show also on 9/13, which is WEIRD. Not sure how they would even have access to a placeholder day, but it’s worth mentioning.
Covnut is offline   Reply With Quote