Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Cuyahoga Falls 2020 Thread***
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 05:48 PM   #10
Strokjl

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Cuyahoga Falls 2020 Thread***

41Ants, if you head up to Cedar Point you could easily make it out to the Lake Erie islands. Put-in-bay and Kelly’s island both have touristy things and are alive in the summer. Don’t expect any beaches to stack up to Fla, but the nicer ones are all in that part of the state.

Cleve, has a slew of good museums. Their art museum is among the better in the country and free to the main collection (which is nearly all of it). That part of town is called university circle and is neighbors to the Little Italy and another walkable quirky neighborhood called Coventry.

There’s also the Cleve Zoo which can be an all day event or just half a day depending if you want to see it all. Plenty of minor league baseball or the Indians if that’s your flavor. Progressive park is a gem.

We have the national forest (which Blossom is technically within) along the old Erie Canal and the trails go all the way up into Cleveland.

End of June is nice because all of the summer stuff is full swing and the weather is usually pretty solid. The chance for snow is down under 10% by then. 🤣

I could go on, but I’m sure I’ve already annoyed the regulars with the length of this post. But you can’t go wrong with a CP trip and the islands. The location is unique and there’s plenty of fun things. (Don’t get sucked into the CP/KI debate. They’re both great, even if one is better)
Strokjl is offline   Reply With Quote