Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 92: The Come Tomorrow Review - Episode Discussion
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #24
flutterby

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 92: The Come Tomorrow Review - Episode Discussion

Just finished listening (on overcast) & another great podcast.

Matt, your opinions are pretty much spot on with mine. I’d give the album a solid c & if I’m being honest, I probably won’t ever listen to it. Also, I don’t know if the band even considers growing the fan base anymore, but this album is definitely not the way to do it. My teenage daughter’s reaction to it was “What happened to this band? If this were the first thing I’d heard from them, I’d never listen again.” Yikes!

As a 20+ year fan, I’m pretty disappointed in the direction the band is taking. I too REALLY miss the elements that made (in my opinion) the band great. We’ve been saying #freethesax for a while now, but it is just getting worse every year. All of this, coupled with stale set lists & quite frankly, songs I just don’t want to hear & I’m not sad I’m missing my shows this year. I fear the thirsty middle aged women are painting a very different picture of what the fans want. Or maybe I’m just in the minority now.

I’m glad that some people really like the album, it’s awesome that it’s not a total flop. It’s just not my cup of tea.

Matt & Joe, thanks for the awesome podcasts this tour, I’ve really been enjoying them. I appreciate your time!

Disclaimer: no offense to middle aged women as I am a middle aged woman. The people I’m talking about though, I’m embarrassed for [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk