Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Rank the AFTW Songs Thread***
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #136
Zachman285

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Rank the AFTW Songs Thread***

Belly Belly Full (Brings me to another place... similar to Tripping Billies or Grey Street for me... Is it the most developed and intricate song on the album??? No, But it is the song that I enjoy the most on every listen.

Broken Things
Snow Outside
The Riff
Drunken Soldier (these four would fit easily onto a 1990's album. Obviously the style is a little bit different now so they wouldn't exactly fit but it's been 10 years since I've thought wow... that song could have been on Crash or BTCS and I feel that way about these four songs. Lyrically The Riff is exceptional and I particularly love the style on Broken Things

Mercy
Sweet (I absolutely love these two songs and I think it's great that I have songs I LOVE that I'm ranking in the middle of the album. I went back and listened to You and Me today and the difference between the emotion and musical creativity of the 2 AFTW songs and You and Me is night and day. Mercy could be this album's Crash into Me. Honestly if that song came out now I wouldn't LOVE it on the album but every time I listen to it it gets better and better

Belly Full (Just beautiful... obviously it's a tiny song so not going to be super highly ranked but I'm glad it's on the album)

Gaucho (I wonder if I would be higher on this song if I hadn't already listened to it 50+ times before getting the album)

If Only
Rooftop (for me these two kind of miss the mark. I'm still going to give them a chance to grow on me but these two strike me more as Stand Up era songs (on album or around the release of the album). The are not terrible and I enjoy listening to them but I am not blown away by anything going on and I think they end up being more groove style rockish songs that don't inspire me to really listen. I hope they grow on me but I guess if that's the worst I can say about the album I really have nothing to complain about.

Hope you enjoyed the rankings!!!
Zachman285 is offline   Reply With Quote