Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 88: The Night Before, Indeed!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:18 PM   #15
jaboyd

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 88: The Night Before, Indeed!

Quote:
I understood the question, about the overall tempo of the songs, and I noticed that it was slower. Especially towards the end of 2016, some songs were getting played with quite a fast tempo. I liked the change.
Yeah I don’t think the question during the podcast was suggesting the songs were low key in general, I think the question was about the slower tempo of certain songs. Not sure Joe understood that. It jumped out at me while watching it live via periscope. I’ve been sick of the band turning up the tempo of certain songs like grey street in recent years. Seems like they’ve been doing it with a bunch of songs. I noticed during the show that the band played many of those songs at a tempo similar to the studio album tempo. If I recall, I think Rapunzel and Grey Street were a couple that they played a little slower than they have been in recent years. It was very refreshing to me.
jaboyd is offline   Reply With Quote