Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2021 Tour Rumors/Status
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 06:55 PM   #1462
jssmith6
every fire dies

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
To answer whether shows are going to happen as scheduled, use a 3 Month timeframe. I assure you that venues and acts are using this or something very close.

So right now, the window is on Late July. The question is, do they expect 100% capacity shows at these venues in Late July. The answer for most large acts is a unequivocal No. That is why these venues are starting to announce cancellations or postponements for shows up through July.

If the band is seriously considering packing 25,000 Campers into The Gorge over Labor Dave Weekend, they probably have to make that call by the end of May, so roughly 6 weeks from now. The clock is ticking.

When people throw out examples of shows by bands incapable of filling a large venue to more than 50 or 60% capacity, it's meaningless. DMB is not such an act. DMB is a 100% capacity event. NH Pavilion has said as much.

We are close to approaching the point, where the only viable option other than a socially distanced Dave & Tim tour, would be to postpone all the shows with tickets sold, to 2022, and set up a brand new itinerary of shows with less than 100% capacity. Exactly like what is being done for lots of other shows and sporting events. Unfortunately, I don't think they would go that route, since it won't bring in enough revenue to make it viable. It would be a nice gesture, but if it's about the $$$$$, you can forget any chance of it happening, unless the venues and acts come to some sort of agreement where they both take less than they normally would, in order to have shows.

I would think it's likely a decision will be made on whether to proceed within the next 2-6 weeks, and that's when we'll likely know for sure whether they plan on having shows starting in September. I'd put that chance at no more than 40%, and that # will either rise over the next few weeks, or fall.
Man, you're a buzz kill. You should leave ca or get off the internet for a while. If all californians are this bad, why live there? We are open with no masks in Montana and covid numbers are not increasing. Yeah, our population is much lower than most but we still are not seeing an increase. The country needs to open up and a thank God for people like Chris Stapleton for saying we're gonna play!
jssmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote