Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official AFTW Midnight Stream Review Thread***
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #2034
markymark123

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official AFTW Midnight Stream Review Thread***

Listen, I'm not here to hate on the "old skewlers" opinions on not liking this album. It's been beaten to death. There's no doubting this album lacks the lyrical creativity of the "Big 3." My question is to people that bitch about the lyrics, what were you expecting? It's been, what..10 years since the last album with generally agreed upon good lyrics. Granted there have been few select songs on each album since then that are good, there have been 3, I repeat 3 albums since that album, that have lacked the lyrics of the Lillywhite Sessions. Why do people go into this album even expecting lyrical genius? It's almost just stupid, at this point. I went into this album hoping to hear a well produced album, that brought out the best in each musician, I think AFTW did exactly that. It just gets tiresome to hear people bitch about lyrics still, it's been a decade! Move on already. It would be like a Michael Jordan fan still bitching he can't dunk from the free throw line anymore. Well no shit sherlock, he hasn't done it in a decade, why would it change now?
markymark123 is offline   Reply With Quote