Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official AFTW Midnight Stream Review Thread***
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #2014
njdevil26
The Greater Good

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official AFTW Midnight Stream Review Thread***

Now that I've come down off the high of excitement... I can post my honest review of the album.

1. Broken Things- Classic DMB song. Boyd shines and the band sounds great. Fantastic song.

2. Belly Belly Nice- Someone here said it sounds unfinished at parts... but I think the best way to describe that is "raw." It's a rocking song that's tons of fun to sing along and dance along to. Definitely awesome. Jeff and Boyd are great.

3. Mercy- Mercy is actually growing on me. The whole song is a crescendo up til the last minute which is a beautiful musical piece. It's a shame the satellite radio station and the video cut out the best part....

4. Goucho- Sounds better than it orginally did... I guess they edited a little more. They muted Jeff's little sax fill after Tim's electric fill in the second chorus... Idk why... but this song is growing on me as well.

5. Sweet- The Yuke portion of the song is beautiful. It sounds a little hectic when the band comes in at the end... kind of like it doesn't fit.

6. The Riff- Great song. The band sounds like they never want to end it.

7. Belly Full- Maybe I'm crazy... but all the belly talk... is Dave singing about banging the shit out of someone and putting a baby in them? Either way... he makes it sound fantastic haha. They should bust this out after Belly Belly Nice at shows.

8. If Only- To be honest, I find myself skipping this song. It's okay but it takes a while to get going.

9. Rooftop- YES. This is what I'm talking about. Still my favorite song on the album. Great potential for live jamming... just a ton of fun.

10. Snow Outside- Great track. Tim really shines on this. I don't know how they will do this live... but I'm eager to see.

11. Drunken Soldier- I like this song... It's got a great first half. I think they hyped it up a little too much to be honest. The end of the song is kind of boring. I would rank it UNDER Bartender and Proudest Monkey for best "closing track."

Overall this is the best album since Before These Crowded Streets... I have it in a tie with Busted Stuff. Busted Stuff would have been better if it had Tim. I hope everyone is happy about this release... old fans and new... our boys still have it! Thanks Lillywhite!