Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 50 - New Trends and Shotcalling
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 09:56 AM   #8
FeelingGood
Much better now....

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 50 - New Trends and Shotcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPGT View Post
Some pretty great things have evolved this tour...Typical and BOWA getting lots of plays, a couple of unreal encores like BOWA > Pig (that actually happened). Let You Down has been played twice. A Dave solo Spoon. Beach Ball has gotten several plays. These are the kinds of things that whiners harp on in the first week of the tour. I'm sure they've moved on to whining about something else now.
I agree with the bolded, but why does it take them so long to evolve the sets? You're in NJ, no problem for you (other than the obvious) - the 'great things' start to gain momentum as the tour moves into the northeast. Texas and the rest of the south get much more generic sets and weaker performances as a result and I think that's where a lot of the whining comes in. Include me in the group of whiners, but it's too easy to call us Southerners whiners when you're within a few hundred miles of the mid-tour venues (iow, you'd be whining too). Just sayin'.

No more whining - my new model is no shows before mid-June.