Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Knives
Thread: Knives
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #76
Lcsulla
Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Knives

Interesting, NJ lower court ruled that possession of an edged weapon was not covered under the Heller decision and the person who opened their door with a machete was actually charged with illegal possession. This charge was reversed by the state supreme court. Wonder how this will impact people who own edged weapons in other states, is it a crime to answer your door if you have a folding knife is your pocket? Personally I do not think so but that is just me. I know my local police do not think so - well I assume so anyhow because some officers and I often BS and practice throwing knives at a dart board - we bet on who will come closest to a bulls eye. Additionally, I once answered my door with a sidearm clearly visible in my holster - turned out it was a police officer and at first he seemed worried but I kept my hands away from my weapon and he relaxed and allowed me to explain that I was the person who called the 911 after hearing a young girl screaming in terror somewhere behind my house - which is why I had my weapon handy in the first place in case some nut had harmed a little girl and decided to try and get into my house to lie low for a while and I was not about to let that happen.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/06/1...edged-weapons/