Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - DC Cinematic/TV Marthaverse Fandom (DCUc)
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 10:52 PM   #100
DMBZeppelin
OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DC Cinematic/TV Universe Fandom (DCUc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
This was shared in the Marvel thread:

https://games.yahoo.com/news/hollywo...210002636.html

Thought the discussion may make more sense here.

I don't know...as a DC fan this is a pretty depressing read. None of what I just read sounds very promising. It now officially has me a bit nervous. It sounds like DC wants to try and achieve what Marvel has done but is trying so hard not to copy them. So instead of borrowing the same formula, they're trying to make their own and it just flat out isn't working. I pray this article is BS and things are progressing well, but I have a bad feeling about this. I still loved the Dawn of Justice trailer, but I don't know...just sounds like things are kind of a mess at DC.
Maybe it will work or maybe it won't. I think DC's biggest problem is they seem to want an immediate contender for the Avengers. They should have done more solo films establishing the characters before putting them all together. The Avengers work because they established so much beforehand. The people who didn't warrant their own movie Fury, Black Widow, and Hawkeye were integrated into other films without disrupting them. If all the issues in that article are true then their main issue is lack of an overseer like Kevin Feige who makes sure all the movies connect properly.

However I think Dawn of Justice will be fine because I don't think they have the same moving goal post as the other movies. I'm sure they're just letting Snyder do what he wants for the most part.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote