Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - I would never create a thread about salads
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #43
lieinmygrave41
Sunday comes afterwards

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: It's official; Five Guys > In N Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
In-n-Out's appeal is that it's only on the west coast. Not that it isn't great, which it is, but it does have the allure of not being readily available, so when you finally do try it you've already been told by many people that it's the greatest thing ever.
It isn't the greatest thing ever, it's pretty much always crowded, busy, and hard to find seating. However, once you learn when the 'slow' hours are, the experience is much more enjoyable. The food is very fresh, and it's good. Good to the point that I crave it almost every week. My friend works there, and their standards are very high, they expect the best of every employee, and they are quick to fire people who can't keep up. I prefer other local burger joints, but when it comes to "fast food chains" In n Out is my preference.

I don't know where the weird In n Out vs. Five Guys rivalry comes from, because one is clearly West Coast, while the other is clearly mid-west/east coast. The two do not overlap, nor offer similar products. Most of my friends enjoy In n Out, but prefer local burger joints. When it comes to the rivalry, all I can say for sure is that 5 Guys is way greasier than any fast food joint I know.