Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - the (2021) summer so far
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 11:04 PM   #608
8nalive

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: the (2021) summer so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
This might be my favorite show of the 5 I did this tour. I wouldn't usually do so many in a row, but since my tickets all rolled over from 2020, it was pretty easy to logistically make happen.

This was the most fun I saw the guys have this run of shows. Considering the setlist and just how on point they were (special shout out to Carter's extremely tight playing tonight), I wouldn't be surprised to see this show up as the LT that inevitably commemorates the uniqueness of coming back after the pandemic. Encore aside (which I actually dug cause it seemed to match up with the darker tone of the setlist), the main set was absolute fire, and also had nice showcases for the new tunes.

All in all I've had a lot of fun this run. While I'm still frustrated that my hunt for JTR continues, I got my first:
Granny
Sweet Up and Down
Sweet
Best of What's Around
Recently
You Never Know
Raven
If Only
So Damn Lucky
Gravedigger

And that doesn't include the three new tunes, and the third verse of Grey Street. That's just wild to me.

Besides stronger encores (and a freaking JTR for myself), I can't really complain about 2021 DMB. Yes, last nights set was pretty rough, but tonights set really brought the fire. On to the next shows and I hope everyone else has a great summer with whatever show(s) you might be going to. Let the hunt for JTR begin again!

This guy is having a ton of fun. (Jealous here in the Burgh.) I want JTR. And I hope it rains during part of the show
8nalive is offline   Reply With Quote