Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 06:44 AM   #12505
grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
Just got the PRS Silver Sky for an electric and I love it so much. I have a signature Martin for my acoustic, but it's honestly a pretty dark sound. I'd prefer something lighter as well to have something that can cut through a mix.
Which Sliver Sky...talking fretboard wood and color here...I need to be able to picture it.

Not a Mayer fan (he's a great player, I just don't connect w/ his music or it doesn't connect with me and his voice is meh at best), but I've been playing a PRS since 1990...still have the Custom 10 Top I got for HS graduation that year and a 1994 CE-22 w/ a maple top.

The Silver Sky is the high-end "Strat" I would buy if I were in the market, but if I were to buy another strat (to go along w/ my modded 91/92 Am Std w/ maple board in gun metal blue) it's extremely unlikely that it would anything more than half the price of a Silver Sky.

My Larrivee is hitting my ears perfectly. Bought it on line based on sounds of other guitars with some similarities and it has exceeded expectations. I spent the better part of the last few years dead set on getting a dreadnought back in my collection, but then in the last month before buying the Larrivee, I started thinking 000, but I like the snap of a longer/standard scale length, so and OM was the obvious consideration. And upon receiving it and since playing almost everyday, the size is just right. I'd still like to get a nice dread in the future, but it's not pressing.

DMB is one of my favorite bands...keeping this post slightly on topic...
grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote