Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: 25 June 2021)
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 09:19 AM   #135
sheldonlevene
Mr. 1k

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
They both seem like very headstrong guys. I could see them wanting to take the story a different direction and not being able to resolve their differences. Hence all the talk about "we're working to make it right" from Ben the past month or so.
True that...seemed like a great match though. Johns having the deep comic knowledge and Affleck knowing the "type" of story he wanted to tell.

I've heard (and this is just pure speculation) that Ben's Batman script would have been a little more confined and more of a thriller type style.

With all the uncertainty around DC/WB and the need for this to be the righting of the ship so to speak - I could see the studio pushing for something more bombastic and tentpole(ish) and directing/writing that just wasn't in BA's wheelhouse.

Again - all speculative...but I can see that being a true thing.
sheldonlevene is offline   Reply With Quote