Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Warehouse/DMB has sold out.
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #143
npm352

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Warehouse/DMB has sold out.

I know this is a sensitive topic, but I will share my opinion. I am tired of ‘98 Warehouse members and their complaining. Why? Because this is the bottom line: Senority for seat location has not changed. You will still get GA pit if you have been pulling rows 1-3 for the past 10 years. If you want to be that close now you have to decide whether tailgating is more important than sitting close. If you want to get close and are willing to give up wearing your flip flops for tennis shoes and are willing to sit in line at the gate then you’ll get close. And you’ll be close with other fans, not just old rich people.

I have seen DMB very close at non-GA and front row center for three GA shows. I can tell you for a fact that the band is more into it for GA shows period. They are having more fun and are more fun to watch. If someone here thinks they play better music and have more fun playing in front of ½ old people standing or sitting still the whole show they’re full of it. They feed off of the higher concentration of people near the stage who are into the music.

For the three GA shows, Piedmont, Memphis and Vanderbilt, I was in line before dark, all day and then beat everyone to the fence. I was surrounded by real fans who wanted to be there and it was sweet. Being close at normal non-GA shows is awesome, but not near as great.

’98 Warehouse members need to quit this argument that they deserve it because of the money they’ve put into the band. This is a terrible argument because plenty of people have put a lot of money in the band. If we take that logic then the 50 year olds who can buy Stubhub tickets for a $1000+ have more of a “right” to be there than you. You either discovered the band before others, or paid an extra (well spent) $35 dollars a year.

Forgive me for not being sensitive toward people who are bitching because even though they could still pull GA pit for every show they continue to complain because they have to show up earlier and not be able to tailgate for an extra couple of hours to be in the front. And, if they want actual seats they have to sit in row 6 or 7 instead of 1 or 2. And for this they will likely get better, higher energy shows where the band is more into it. Cry me a river.
npm352 is offline   Reply With Quote