Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 04:11 AM   #96441
Tiduwho
heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakan View Post
"We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable."

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/p...g-states#Texas

Free slaves were not tolerable to white people.
Recently watched the Ken Burns Civil War documentary so a lot of this is fresh on my mind. Could come up with quote after quote after quote similar to this. Racism and the inherent inferiority of the *n-word* was at the absolute forefront of the Confederacy and 1800s politics in general.

Lol at the South's whitewashing of their past. The Daughters of the Confederacy did so much damage and warping of what happened, deifying many horrible horrible men and loons.

Stonewall Jackson and Nathan Bedford Forrest being at the top of the list. At least Forrest was an actual tactical genius. Jackson was a loon.

(Ya but WHATABOUT Sherman?? We werent making a comparison. We were talking about the modern day south trying to distort their past)

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert

Last edited by Tiduwho; 08-14-2018 at 04:16 AM.
Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote