Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Does Dave still have a drinking problem?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 11:10 PM   #3
#41#36#40

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Does Dave still have a drinking problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
"I’ve had a lot more drinking in my life than I would’ve if my job hadn’t put me in an environment where everybody was celebrating drinking," he says. "All the years we played clubs and frats — every single night we would be drinking and doing whatever else was happening, I still drink, and I keep my center better, I do worry about destroying my mind sometimes."

"But if I don’t have a drink for a month, I don’t — it’s harder for me to give up bread than it is to give up alcohol. But I like a drink. I grew up in an extended family that likes to drink. My mom, she enjoys a glass of wine or some whisky, but she’s quite moderate relative to my uncles — South Africans are pretty big drinkers. I’ve seen a lot of people around me go sober. The fish always gets bigger when they tell their drinking stories again, but I understand that as well."

"Maybe I’m lying to myself, but the reason I don’t really think I’m an alcoholic is because I don’t miss it when I don’t have it. There’s no question that my favorite thing about mowing the lawn is drinking the beer when I’m done, and getting to the bottom of a bottle of Jameson with a friend feels like some sort of poetic achievement — even if it’s really just two people getting drunk. I don’t know if any of that will convince anyone that I’m not an alcoholic, but I don’t have any friends who’ve said, “I think you have a drinking problem.” Maybe that’s just because when I’m drunk I’m a lot of fun."
Sounds like a guy trying to explain a drinking problem over 3 paragraphs..
#41#36#40 is offline   Reply With Quote