Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2021/COVID Venue Policies
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 09:28 AM   #26
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2021/COVID Venue Policies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorony View Post
No arguing that, and you obviously should be taking precautions as a result of your own personal situation. I was just responding to your post insinuating that Arkansas as a state is a potentially volatile situation right now due to restrictions being lifted.
This is probably better suited for the Covid thread, but Arkansas saw a massive drop in their positivity rate to start March (falling from 16.25% on 2.5M tests to 5.7% on nearly the same basis of tests; almost overnight - between 3/6 and 3/12). However, the last week or so, their positivity rate has jumped back to ~7% (after bottoming out at 2.99% on April 6th), and the amount of tests being conducted has grown - higher testing demand suggesting increase in symptoms (which could possibly be allergy related) or concern of contact/spread.

This is really going to be the key challenge for states that do not have a high adoption rate for the vaccine. The hope has to be on seasonality keeping the virus at bay - and I think there’s good reason to bank on that - but the lower a state’s vaccination % is, the more likely a rebound in spread is. Especially when you begin to consider large scale events with possible interstate travel.

Now, on the other hand, if you are vaccinate and wear your mask, your odds of contracting or spreading it are super low. But obviously someone in Chad’s situation will have to exercise extreme caution. And it’s that bit which makes this a never ending task of navigating all the complexity of a pandemic; even as things are “better”

Last edited by BTBaboon; 04-25-2021 at 09:30 AM.
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote