Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official AFTW Midnight Stream Review Thread***
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #2048
yanks7533

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official AFTW Midnight Stream Review Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankguitar View Post
People on here bitch so much about Dave's lyrics it's getting a little old. While I am not at all saying I disagree with the quality of the lyrics on the album, I also don't care nearly as much as a lot of other people here. I write songs myself and can appreciate the difficulty in writing lyrics. I assume most of the people on here that complain about them have never written a song before. I don't mean that as an insult in any way but there is a lack of understanding that goes along with it. Dave's songwriting does not lend itself to poetic writing. His whacky rhythms make it EXTREMELY difficult to write good lyrics and have them work within the rhythm and melody of a song. The choruses in Gaucho and Rooftop are classic examples of that...but people don't get it and just bitch about the lyrics. If you want Dave to write great lyrics he would probably have to start writing simpler songs with simple chords and then people would start bitching about the music.
amen brotha

maybe dmb should pull a nickleback and just write new lyrics and melodies over old songs, then people couldn't complain right?
yanks7533 is offline   Reply With Quote