Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The NHL Thread
Thread: The NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 09:18 AM   #40827
Lcsulla
Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailtopitt View Post
hard to argue with opinion but man, that list is a bit different than mine

i would probably have Subban in the top 10, probably over Muzzin or Jones...Muzzin couldn't even find his way into the lineup as of 2014 so sample size is small...my list, in order:

1. Doughty
2. Letang
3. Weber
4. Keith
5. Hedman
6. Karlsson
7. Klingberg
8. Subban
9. Burns
10. Ekman-Larsson
I agree that debating opinions is pointless but there is no way in hell Subban makes it near my top twenty. He is over-rated as hell, largely due to his postseason success. He averages a point ever other game, which I could overlook if he didn't average well over a penalty per game. He is not that great a skater and on defense he is mediocre at best. Lastly, he is one of those annoying players who show off with stupid gimmicks but lack the skill to back up his pretensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
I used to think the Blackhawks sweater was pretty awesome until a Native American told me that they see the severed head of an ancestor.

Since then, I haven't been able to unsee it his way. So I'm kinda OK with something different.
I do not see that at all, in fact I view it more as a tribute than anything. The Blackhawks were founded by a major in the 86th infantry division (nicknamed the Blackhawk Division in honor of a fallen (KIA) member of the Sauk tribe) in WW1. Additionally, there is loads of history and traditions of the Sauk tribe in Illinois