Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Been Awhile
Thread: Been Awhile
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 09:45 PM   #6
davem#36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Been Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2step11 View Post
Saw the boys at MSG this past weekend and have some thoughts.

I’ve been away from DMB for a LONG time. I was a such a huge DMB fan in middle school and high school that my mom became a fan just so she could keep hanging out with me during those awkward “leave me alone mom” years. As the years went by and I ventured into other musical adventures she became a bigger fan then me! My mom kept me in DMB loop. She became a warehouse member and we’d always find a show to go to together. Unfortunately, my mom passed away from breast cancer and since DMB took a back seat for some time. But then, fall tour was announced. Being a native NYer and longtime employee at MSG, the time seemed right to return to my roots and see a show. Took my wife and sister and what a two night run!

Some quick thoughts about the music:

- Sound was excellent
- Band is thoroughly enjoying it
- They can certainly still jam out when they want to
- Heard the song selection was gonna be a problem for me since I don’t know all the new songs but overall, I was pretty happy
- I definitely missed Boyd in some major spots (LIOG, Ants)
- Warren Haynes on Cortez the Killer, Captain?!, Typical Situation (thanks mom)

I felt a major connection to my mom all night, shed some tears and had a ball. I’m happy they are still playing and grateful I had those great times with my mom. Hope to see another show soon!
This is amazing. Glad u came back.

What an amazing 20 years.
‘24 ALPHA/ALPINE
davem#36 is offline   Reply With Quote