Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 99: The Batson Sessions - Episode Discussion
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 07:54 AM   #11
TMoore4075
RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 99: The Batson Sessions - Episode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbongreyst View Post
Listened this morning and I was glad to hear a lot of the same thoughts I had being discussed. The biggest takeaway from this whole situation is that the fan base is chomping at the bit for music and the releases have been scarce for the last 13 years. The M.O. of this band during that time is work on a song, it’s not good enough, move on, and repeat. I can appreciate not being something you’re not satisfied with, but if the intent to return to the material isn’t there, just release what you have. If they don’t think it is album material, make it an EP or one off release like Eh Hee.
Yeah this was the best point from the whole podcast and I sorta mentioned this in the thread about the Batson Sessions. Holding onto this stuff (ie the finished Sugar Will that is probably out there somewhere) I don't think is the best strategy in today's digital age. Maybe even 10 years ago that would have been a good plan but it's not now. Some of the songs on the 2nd disc wouldn't need too much work to have them good enough for release. I mean if you are ok with releasing That Girl is You on an official release but not some of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote