Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The BitTorrent Helper Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 08:24 PM   #25
Dr. Strangelove
MeinFührerIcanwalk!

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The BitTorrent Helper Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica41
any idea why some people can get speeds of up to 200 kb/s and others (like me) can only get around 40 kb/s (at the same time)? I have always used BT, then decided to try out azureus, but the speeds were awful.
Hmm, not sure Jess. I've tried pretty much every program and kept going back to Azureus becuase I've gotten consistantly better speeds with it. You may just have to experiment with your settings a bit. Make sure you're not choking your bandwidth by having a really high max upload speed. That tends to be something I notice happens a lot to people. Kick it down about 10K and see if you get some better speeds.

Plus a lot depends on when you jump on a .torrent. Speeds can fluctuate a bunch, but I'm sure you know that. Like the 6/5 Naylor source for me was a bit slow compaired to others. I probably only averaged 50 kb/s on it and I notice the average swarm speed in Azureus shows it's pretty slow for everyone, too (around 40kb/s average speed).

So anyway, maybe try tweaking a bit and see what happens. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.