Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2023/2024 Tour Rumors Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 08:17 AM   #119
DMBBeav

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Summer 2023 Tour Rumors Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
I said exactly this, and that I thought there was Zero chance they would play places like Vancouver, Seattle & Portland as part of a Fall Tour, so close to the Gorge dates. I was ridiculed and told how wrong I was.

Well, I certainly was wrong, as they are now playing all those places. Following the announcement, more ridicule, and I suppose it was deserved.

My point still stands though. I thought there was no chance they'd schedule Fall shows in those cities, since sales would be anemic. So far, that looks to be the case.

I mean seriously, between Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, Nampa, SLC and Omaha, how many tickets are they gonna sell? Seems like they simply mapped out the freeway route from the Northeast, to get to the Midwest, and figured they might as well play some shows along the way. I bet by show day, you'll be able to get a ticket to any of these venues for $10-$20, if not for free.
Your logic here is why I think we aren't getting more than 1 or 2 stadium stops next summer. There will be 30-40% empty seats in most venues.

Take Mansfield - the pavilion always has empty seats (and I mean dozens to hundreds). You put that crowd in Fenway and it isn't even filling up lower level.
DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote