Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 02:11 PM   #4485
seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

I don't really think of the band that differently then what they were just because there's a through-line between the older and newer members. Tim was always around, albeit on the outskirts of the band for the earlier part of their career. Rashawn was brought in by Leroi before his passing, and Jeff has guested with them multiple times before and been in the same circles for years. There's enough continuity in the wider community of DMB that even though the members are different, I've never felt like the "band" was too far from the original idea.

That being said I know lacking a violin is a sore spot for many right now, and while I wish the violin sound would return, that's the one change that felt like the first time something dramatically shifted in the sound of the band. I know all of the different eras and have been a fan since around '01, but seeing them in '18 was the first moment I thought "man these guys are really getting up there". Even so, I'm still happy with the lineup and love the band and Buddy's inclusion.

Last edited by seanbrutus; 07-28-2020 at 02:12 PM.
seanbrutus is offline   Reply With Quote