Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #20084
AlexK79
Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Problem with the single BIA LPs is they aren't the full versions of the songs. Why Worry is just not the same when you shorten the ending by over three minutes.

Which one did Bernie do? I'm pretty sure the one that came in the recent box sets is digitally mastered by Bob Ludwig and then Bernie cut the lacquers although that's the full length 2LP version. The Stan Ricker 2LP 1/2 speed pressed/plated at RTI is supposed to be good also. Bernie mastered the first four albums AAA whereas Bob mastered BIA and On Every Street.
That's right, I forget only the first 4 were AAA (those are my favorite, Brothers In Arms is not a go to DS album for me and I've actually never heard On Every Street.)

It looks like there are 2-LP, 45 RPM versions of the S/T and Love Over Gold coming from MoFi. I'd really like to check one out, but I can't imagine that they'll be THAT much better than the Bellman/Grundman AAA cuts that we already talk about so much in here. I might pre-order the S/T album as that is the only one of the first 4 I don't have the reissue of, I just have an original copy.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote