Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official Alpine Valley 2019**
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 01:51 PM   #370
dmbalpine

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Alpine Valley 2019**

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigjq1 View Post
I love this time of year and reading all the posts about getting or not getting tickets. It seems the biggest complaint is lake of PIT tickets available during the Citi Presale and today's general sale of tickets. The first reason everyone has given for not having them available is the scalpers. I just checked Vivid Seats and they have 12 tickets for N2 and 12 tickets for N1. I checked seatgeak and they have 56 pits for N2 and 34 pits for N1. I checked cheaptickets and they have 28 for N2 and 24 for N1. that is three of the top scalper sites that come up when doing a google search. It is a total of 166 pit tickets among 3 scaplers. The pit for Alpine is the whole area where the 100 section would normally be. the total reserved section says it holds 7500 people. I figure that is would be about 2500 to 3000 for pit. 166 out of 2500 is 6.6% and 166 out of 3000 is 5.5%. That is a very small number of tickets. This years pit ticket request limit was 6 per warehouse account. Let's say that 1000 warehouse accounts requested tickets. That is a total of 6000 ticket request for an area that only holds up to a max of 3000. It is very well possible there were more then enough requests via the warehouse to fill them all and not have an pits available for citi presale or regular general public sale. If that were the case, the warehouse actually did do what it is supposed to and put the tickets in the hands of the fans.
Nice math exercise except your numbers are off. The pit area does not sell 2,500-3,000 tickets.

Someone can find the pdf seating chart that shows the seats when there is 100 level seating. I believe it’s around 1,000 maybe 1,200. I know they oversell the pit, but they don’t triple the amount of people.
dmbalpine is offline   Reply With Quote