Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2020 Tour Rumors
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 03:47 PM   #7056
TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2020 Tour Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobz314 View Post
Is there a possibility they do several smaller shows? Hear me out...if the worry is infecting 25-35k people at a full show, then the other logical choice is a half or some other percentage full show. Obviously to reduce the chance of transmitting the virus but also reducing the amount of people that would get sick if someone was positive. There is another solution...

A bunch of theater shows with open air shows mixed in. 1. They hold way less people so if 20% of the venue gets sick its way less people. 2. They can do more of them, offering more people a chance to see them in areas the band wouldn't normally hit. 3. More shows = more $$. They could figure out in a normal year how many people usually see them and thus how many shows would they need to do in order to equal that number. It would be a real grind for them but they would be back on tour, getting paid and getting their staff paid as well. Just a thought. Not likely to happen but its an alternative.

I said a while ago that if DMB ran Gillette Stadium under normal circumstances, they would draw 25,000 fans tops and you could easily spread that out (well maybe easily spread out 10,000 fans--25,000 might be tough). Problem is, with everyone now hungry for concerts, I could see DMB selling out Gillette as folks would want their entertainment. In 2018? Probably not so much but it's different times.

Last edited by TypicalBilly14; 01-15-2021 at 03:50 PM.