Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Coffin On 2021 Tour...
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 07:12 PM   #140
Hahninator
Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coffin On 2021 Tour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
A roadie on Reddit said it very well. We may be able to have big concerts with little to no safety measures by fall but unless these shows are already scheduled it's going to be spring 2022. His comment was all the pre-production that has to happen beforehand. We'll likely see small, independent venues leading the charge for a long time. Plus bands like Phish and DMB may stand a better chance because their stage show is nothing like a Bruno Mars or Billie Eilish.
I agree. 2022 for big bands - DMB, Foo Fighters, etc. Arena and amphitheater shows won't be happening normally with 15k-20k crowds this year. Lots of planning goes into this stuff, you don't see bands throw an arena tour together one week and head out on it two or three weeks later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
My wife and I are likely going to see NEEDTOBREATHE at a socially distanced event in March.
Agreed about small bands leading the way.

Have fun at Needtobreathe - they are good live and I have seen them quite a bit but I am concerned that their songwriting has fallen off a little bit since Bo left the band; he was a main songwriter. I wanted to see those two shows but the $200/pod pricing is not attractive to me. I'll just wait until tours can happen again.
Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote