Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Coffin On 2021 Tour...
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #113
WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coffin On 2021 Tour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobz314 View Post
CNN interviewed Dr. Leana Wen not long ago and she said:

"The end of Covid-19 could come once we get to herd immunity. We don't know exactly how many people will need to develop immunity to get to this point, though experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci estimate that this could take up to 85% of the American people to be vaccinated. At that level of immunity in the community, coronavirus would have nowhere else to spread and could essentially die out. With the speed of vaccine rollout so far, getting anywhere close to that level is going to take some time. Also, clinical trials are just getting started on children, so it will take probably until summer or fall for children to be vaccinated. We have to frame getting vaccinated differently. Vaccination is not a "do whatever I want" pass, but rather another tool to reduce our risk. Wearing a mask is another such tool, as is social distancing, and we want to keep up using as many tools as we can to protect ourselves."

Until we hit an immunity level where the CDC and various health departments around the country believe the danger has passed, nothing like concerts, sporting events and live entertainment will return in any form we know it to be. The liability and everything that goes along with it still exists as it did when they "postponed" the 2020 tour. I still think we won't see anything until the late summer or early fall.
I have since that post come in and stated multiple times I don't see summer being a reality anymore. The absolute disaster this rollout has been thus far gives me no hope for a normal summer or any chance of shows happening until late fall/winter at earliest.

That said, I'm not in charge of the concert industry. I'm not sure they can survive another year off. I think we'll see live music more in 2021 than 2020, even assuming we have a fairly normal fall/winter. Whether it's normal fare or more socially distanced, drive-in stuff. I know several venues in my town have already stated they're having music this year regardless.

Personally, I'm at the tipping point of my fatigue. I'm tired of being locked down. About a month after I get the first jab, all bets are off. I'm going to dinner, I'm traveling and I'm going to start living my life again. My wife is getting her second inoculation tomorrow and I already feel like I'm holding her back from living. But by the time I'm able to get a jab under the current plan, life may very well be back to mostly normal since the at risk groups will have been tended to.
WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote